January’s My Little Wish Box came as a lovely welcome surprise in the middle of a dreary few weeks. With its pastel colours and dreamy vibes, I couldn’t wait to have a peep inside.
One of my favourite things about the My Little Boxes is the quote prints. They are so uplifting and sweet, sucker for a cute bit of art right here! So onto the goodies…
The lifestyle items this month were bob on for the new year. I diary or year planner to help keep everything in check and make a good start to the year. I I love the copper embossing on the front and coloured inserts throughout the book, high five MLB. There was also a sweet little mint bracelet with faux gold detail, love that it is adjustable so perfect for all wrist sizes. They also added a sweet little extra of quote bracelets and friendship cards to share out with friends.
The beauty elements were equally amazing. First up a Melted Liquified Lipstick from Too Faced Cosmetics, this is travel size however still perfect for me. I have been eyeing these up for a while so am looking forward to giving it a try. Have you tried them yet?
Next up was a 3 in 1 Cleansing Water from REN, another brand I lOVE, such gentle skincare which always delivers. I have been enjoying using cleansing waters over the last few months to remove makeup before fully cleansing, so lets hope this lives up to some of my current faves.
Lastly was a little gem from the My Little Beauty range, I have to say on the whole I have enjoyed most of the products in their range so far. So to get a lipbalm was a big delight. I think I have the driest pout in England despite drinking water and more water. Without fail I apply lipbalm several times a day and every night before bed. There are very few out there which moisturise aswell as protect the lips, when you need a little something more effective. In stick form I doubt this will be overly moisturising, however for a quick slick in the wintery weather it would be perfect. Lets see how we get on with it.
I have loved this edition, would you have been pleased to receive this box?
I can’t quite believe that 2016 has struck, the last year was seriously the fastest of my life. I was stunned at the end of each month.
I’m not generally a fan of all the typical ‘New Year New Me’ ‘Let’s Get Fit’ Let’s Stop Smoking’ resolutions, I try to keep some balance and be realistic about what a new year can bring. However after a tough year I did set some personal goals to aim towards in 2015 to give me something to focus on and feel better about the time to come; both personal and work wise. I thought I would take a quick look back and see how far I got.
1. Travelling – obvious yes I know but this was something I was keen to get back in my life, that didn’t quite happen in terms of big trips however, weekend trips to Paris and London coupled with a winter sun week in Lanzarote to start December off. We also ended the year in Log Cabins with the whole family which was a lovely surprise. So no major holidays, but looking back on my 2015 Highlights it’s amazing how exciting little adventures add up to a fulfilled year. New Zealand to visit one of my oldest best friends didn’t happen however the savings and plans are in place, so maybe 2016 could be the year if it fits in for us both.
2. Looking after Myself and Special Few – I was really concious of the fact that I NEEDED to take time to rest and keeping myself healthy this year. For the most part this was fairly successful. I am becoming more comfortable to turn things down and stop when it’s needed. Saying no sometimes though is still really difficult but I don’t think I can ever change that fully. For our trip in December, where the wifi wasn’t the best I totally had a detox from everything, life, online distractions, work. Totally bliss and 100% worth taking a few days out. 2015, allowed me to spend a little more time with family and friends during weekends and evenings, it’s so important and really puts me in a good mood when I can spoil, listen and be the with people who mean the most. More of this please!
3. Not letting the small things take over – yay for this, I tried my hardest to not let trivial things be a distraction. A problem is not a problem till it has happened. Sometimes it is hard but I am definitely learning not to worry about things or situations that may never happen until and if they do. This is a top tip, don’t let the weight on your shoulders sit there until it needs to be.
4. Flair and Creativity – I shared that not only had I enrolled in further study to fulfil my floral design dreams alongside this blog but the exciting news to launch my business Millefiori & Modello. A floral design, gift ware and style business both online and to local customers. This definitely did happen, we are now live on all social media platforms with our new website/blog launching later this year. It really was a great start to the business with the pleasure of creating for several weddings and Christmas events throughout the year. With the new launch and expansion to gift ware (tags, cards and papers etc) and event signs it should be even more exciting in the next few months. A huge thankyou to everyone who has supported @milleanddello so far.
It’s great looking back on what your previous intentions and goals were. To see where you were at that time in your life, how far you have come and what you like to achieve looking forward however big or small. I am really pleased to see that I have done and succeeded in more areas than I thought when I sat down to write this post. I did have many adventures and made progress where I wanted to….there are still things sitting up there which I think I will always be working towards, but here’s to more steps forward.
Are you a fan of resolutions and little targets?
If you are a regular reader you may have seen I bundled into 2015 with the full intention for it to be the year of more travel. I was fortunate to take many trips however not in the way I had originally imagined. Looking back though, a trip doesn’t have to be a two week beach holiday in thirty degree heat, does it?
A trip can be a ride up to the next coast to eat icecream and watch the sunset from a different promenade, a train ride to the city or a weekend stay in the woods somewhere. Aslong as you are having fun or experiencing something new it’s a trip. As with many, work is sometimes the main obstacle to not being away as much as we like, but it is something that we can definitely work around. That being said we all have weekends or days in week aswell as evenings. These precious times off are not to be wasted, many adventures can be had.
With this is mind, we have decided to take advantage of the challenge and leave the sitting in your pj’s all weekend times behind us. I sat on my laptop last week to find all the best places for mini weekends away, I could do this for hours. I hit up all my fave travel bloggers and found Need Another Holiday and The Travel Hack had both taken on the #Take12Trips challenge. Reading a little more into it, I decided this was perfect for me and us.
It works on the basis that you plan and go on twelve trips throughout the year, whether they big or whether they be small averaging out an one per month. This can totally fit it with your own schedule of course. Remember your trips can be anything you have always wanted to do and with whoever, you don’t always needs to travel with the same person. More importantly your trips don’t have to cost a fortune, there are many trips you can enjoy for free just as much.
So this is me, committing to the challenge, all have not been decided yet, but plans are in place.
1. Jan – Log Cabin Stay
2. Feb – Weekend in Brussels, Belgium
3. Mar – A wedding/weekend in York.
4. Apr – Cardiff, Wales – Traverse 16
5. May –
6. Jun – Spa Day/Weekend (destination tbc)
7. July – London, Theatre Trip
8. Aug –
9. Sep –
10. Oct – A birthday trip somewhere?
11. Nov –
12. Dec – Annual New Year mini break (destination tbc)
Any suggestions on where else we should visit?